Planned and taught Oral English lessons to over 600 children per week across multiple grades.
Curriculum taught: Biff, Chip & Kipper, Go Phonics & My Own Curriculum
- Created and implemented lesson plans focused on the three key principles: improving oral fluency, pronunciation and enunciation.
- Collaborated with other English teachers taking the lead on Oral English.
- Held several open classes for teachers, parents and guardians. Most recent open class was attended by over 100 parents.
- Taught at two schools in the Nanshan district: Longzhu School (Grades 1, 2, 3 & 4) & Chiwan School (Grades 2, 3 & 4).
- Assisted new foreign teachers to settling into Shenzhen, often accompanying teachers on hospital and clinic visits, accommodation registration visits, obtaining mobile SIM cards and more translating where required.
- Taught elementary Mandarin Chinese in collaboration with the main Chinese teacher to foreigner teachers focusing on Oral practice.
Planned and taught Oral English lessons to over 500 children per week across multiple grades.
Curriculum taught: Education Bureau Issued Textbooks & My Own Curriculum
- Created and implemented lesson plans from the education-bureau issued textbook.
- Taught at two schools, one in the Futian district and the other in the Louhu district: Zhongfu Futian Primary School (Grades 3, 5 & 6) and Shenzhen Middle School (Grade 7).
- Take part in school activities including Teacher’s Day, Children’s Day, Dragon-Boat festival, Qingming festival, and Christmas.
Represented BESA Training at meetings with education institutions, including Heads of Department, lecturers, employers and apprentices across North-West England.
Assisted the Store Manager in the opening of two new stores, Burnley & Accrington. Trained new staff in company policies and procedures taking full responsibility for the Accrington store. Duties included: Opening and closing the store, preparing meals, managing staff including recruitment. Line managed 3 staff on a daily basis with accountability for 10 staff including kitchen staff and delivery drivers.
Offer qualification advice to a variety of clients aged 16 and over with a specialist knowledge of vocational, technical and professional qualifications.
Responsible for EBMA’s qualification portfolio including qualification management and administration, document review and line management of Chief examiner, Paper writers & External verifiers. Additionally responsible for centre approval, monitoring and review, health and safety and daily management of the office.
As part of the teacher training course, I taught for 150 hours over the course. Taught students on Level 2 and 3 business courses including modules covering Promotion and branding in retail, Human resource management, Recruitment and selection, Project management, Financial and management accounting and Marketing.